Sunday 5 June 2011

DANCE TO THE BEAT OF MY DRUM

Well, Bloggies, it is ALWAYS the quiet ones isn't it?!


Arguably Girls Aloud's shiest member, Nicola Robert's first solo track released today is an absolute stonker! Apart from being a pure CHOON (it does take a few listens, and the L.O.V.E chorus is very Justice vs Simian but still...) she's been styled to absolute perfection in the accompanying video.

What do you guys think of her look? A winner, no?


Since her porcelain-skinned, couture-loving reinvention a few years ago, her style has evolved to become the most interesting, fashion-forward and individual of all the Girls Aloud ladies.




The two key looks are both perfect, but I especially love the latter half of the video which sees Nicola in this multi-coloured jumper and high side-pony combo. I'd love to know who styled the video, anyone know? Smacks of House of Holland and she WAS Henry's former muse, but I can't find confirmation of this online anywhere.

He did however style her website artwork, so it would make sense:


Pretty, no?

All in all I'm loving both the song and the look. Thumbs up gurrrl!


4 comments:

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

I'd say she's the best of the Girl's Aloud bunch, more interesting than the others thats for sure! Like how she's been styled too x

Jasmin said...

I love this, the styling is perfect, she looks stunning and the music is actually really good. x

fritha louise said...

I just love Nicola and everything about her. Trying slightly in vain to turn myself into her. Alas I'm not a natural ginge and I'm just pasty english pale, not beautiful porcelain pale. Boo.
I love the song. I didn't really like it at first but the more I listen the more I like!

Julia M said...

I love her! Her style is by far the most interesting of the Girls Aloud bunch, and if this song is anything to go by then so is her music. It's nice to see a mainstream pop star do something slightly different to the norm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...