Saturday 1 October 2011

D&G SS12

Last week in Milan, Dolce and Gabbana ("can you please spell Gabbana?") showed their last ever collection for D&G - their younger line described by The Guardian's Jess Cartner-Morely as being "aimed at a woman with the taste of a cheerleader and the bank balance of a CEO," in order to concentrate more on the mainline brand. Sad times :( I've always admired D&G's sexy sense of playfulness, epitomised best in recent years by their AW10 collection - mind the one with the wooly, fair isle print body suits and furry boots? Brilliant!

But what a way to go! This collection takes my recent penchant for Lady Gaga in Versace to dizzying new heights. Needless to say I am absolutely loving the bold, colourful prints, silk scarfs and gold jewellery, but what I love MOST is that the collection manages to go from tacky-chic to boho-chic to glamorous-chic in about ten moves. Impressive:


Tacky Chic


Boho Chic

Glamorous Chic

My favourite look is obviously tacky chic - what else did you expect?

If, next summer, busy, clashing, silky prints are all over the high street I'll be rejoicing! What do you guys think? Is this look actually wearable?

Anyway, catchye D&G, it's been fun.



3 comments:

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

I'll take some tacky chic too please! I find the boots quite comfy, though saying that I have a blister on my toe from wearing them the other day.. I was considering the ones with zips too! xx

Karen said...

Actual love this collection. Might just tie hunners of silk scarves around me next summer! Sad to see D&G go as well :( xx

mòrag said...

I also love the tacky chic dresses. The prints are lovely all over the collections but I just can't quite get into the maxi dress trend. o_o And the "aimed at a woman with the taste of a cheerleader and the bank balance of a CEO" comment? LOL x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...