Tuesday 17 January 2012

RAWWWWWKSANNE!

You don't have to put on your red light... etc.

No, but seriously, I really don't want this blog to turn into a tedious captain's log of all the crap I buy on a daily/weekly/monthly basis cos let's face it, that would be pretty boring for you guys and would also make me look like a some kind of nutcase shopaholic with bags of money to burn - the latter of which, at least, is DEFINITELY not the case...

That said, I've been doing a few freelance things here and there on top of the day job and felt like treating myself to a new Mulberry bag, this time in black. My mind went from the Taylor to the Harriet to the Polly Pushlock and back again, until I realised I was overlooking a Mulberry CLASSIC: the iconic Roxanne bag.





One problem - it's been discontinued. At least I think it has, I've read a few conflicting things - one blogger said it was brought back last year for a limited time - but either way it was an absolute MUST HAVE a good few years ago but has slipped by the wayside in favour of the Alexa and Lily etc. But even Mulberry themselves hold it in the same esteem as their Bayswater classic, and there are usually a few to be found kicking around the outlet stores down south.

Once I realised this was the bag for me, I had a wee reccy on eBay and discovered someone selling a slightly battered, deliciously worn-in black leather Roxanne for only £185.

BARGAIN!

And look what arrived today!

I am so in love with this bag. It's probably not everyone's cup of tea - the brass hardware, pockets, belts and buckles mean it looks quite busy on the front but that's one of the things I love about it. The other is the fact that it's been pre-owned. I couldn't bear the thought of someone keeping such a gorgeous bag at the back of their wardrobe for years, never fully appreciating it, and because it's been used, the thick leather is buttery soft, flexible and uniquely creased. It's the kind of bag that's only going to get better with age - something I don't think I'll be able to say about it's much flimsier cousin, the Alexa, which is already starting to look slightly battered and dated...

Anyway, you get it. I love it. Here it is with me at work, just for the hell of it.


The little Mulberry trees are stamped on all the studs :)

Look, it opens!

I am SO busy at work right now.........



Argh! Sorry for the plook and massive eye bags - currently completing my second week of midnight-finishes which are NOT kind to the skin/eyes/soul.

But yeah. I love this bag. Sorry to, like, shove it all in yer faces. Basically my point is next time you're in the mood to splurge consider some pre-loved designer ware, in particular Mulberry. When the bags are of this high quality and have such lasting appeal, you can't really go wrong.


3 comments:

SianinSouthsea said...

I really, really, really love this bag. So beautiful. Well done on finding such a bargain xx

fritha louise said...

You know, I'd forgotten about the Roxanne! Might have a wee eBay scout occasionally to see if I can get a bargain like you, v. jeal!

Jessica. said...

OMM this bag is gorgeousss! very jealous! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...