Thursday 5 July 2012

OH MY GOD, HE JUST ORDERED A GIANT GLASS OF MILK

Some may argue that July is TOO FREAKIN EARLY to be thinking about Halloween ideas... To them I'd say "blow me, doofus" "Look at me, I'm not even listening to a word you're saying." There is NO SUCH THING as being too prepared for Halloween.

I always get so excited for Halloween but inevitably mess it all up at the last minute. Remember that time I had my Ziggy Stardust costume down to a tee and then stupidly went and broke my toe and couldn't go out? I pulled it back somewhat last year with a solid 6/10 Robin with my shorter, petite-er pal as my Batman... (No, seriously, just picture that for a second. Marie even threw together some home-made KAPOW signs and everything. We made a pretty hilarious pair, which kinda added to the random awesomeness of it all...)

BUT THIS YEAR I'm getting right back on it. I'd been toying with the idea of going for as ENID COLESLAW from Ghost World, but I'd struggled to find the iconic blue Raptor tshirt she wears in the first part of the film and on the dvd cover...





UNTIL NOW! Yeah, I managed to track down an Etsy seller who custom make Enid's EXACT Raptor tee! This has 100% sealed the deal for me...



Ahmahhzing.

Come October ama be channelling my inner sardonic, cynical, bitter-but-totally-awesome teenager. Just need to get myself some cheapo 50s style specs, black bob wig, red bag and green tartan skirt. SORTED!

Enid Coleslaw, you're my hero. Some other awesome Enid looks from the film:










You guys up for some reggae tonight?



3 comments:

Gillian said...

Aw man, this is SUCH a great idea for a costume! I always try to plan my Halloween costumes early but get sidetracked and end up leaving it to the week before.
I haven't watched Ghost World in years, that's my entertainment sorted for tonight!

beewaits said...

Too early for Halloween? NAYSAYERS. Seriously though I am all over this, best idea ever. I remember sporting a Daria look a couple of years back when I was befringed and brunette. I'm still contemplating my options. Looking at Jawbreaker for inspo. Natch. x

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

Ahh amazing, I love Etsy! a dark green wig would be a pretty cool touch too x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...