Tuesday 16 October 2012

BEST OF ETSY: EMERALD RINGS

Perusing the fine jewellery section of Net a Porter this morning (as I'm increasingly inclined to do) I stumbled upon this beautiful green gemstone ring by Canadian designer Pippa Small...



Something about the vivid green colour contrasted with the yellow gold setting TOTES caught my eye. Kind of magical, right? Like something a particularly CHIC witch might wear for a special occasion. Reminds me of those labradorite and onyx Monica Vinader rings I won last year..

You may or may not know but I am rather prone to a pretty gemstone and while this isn't actually an emerald (it's a gorgeous gem called chrysophase or seamfoam chalcedony as Ruth reliably informs me) I couldn't help but do a wee Etsy search for emerald rings anyway, just for the HECK of it. Here's some of my favourites...











I'm completely obsessed, especially with those uncut, chunky ones. I NEED to get myself a green-stoned ring like yesterday, even if it's not a real emerald cos they are EXPENSIVE, yo.

Lucky for you if you're birthday is in May since the emerald is your birthstone, as well as the traditional gemstone for the astrological signs of Taurus, Cancer and sometimes Gemini. Emeralds are also said to be connected to the heart (anahata) chakra, which alongside other functions, balances the energy flow between the upper and lower three chakras. Emeralds worn around the neck or placed on the heart area are said to bring emotional balance.

But, regardless, they are so PRETTY! What jewellery are you loving at the moment?


1 comment:

beewaits said...

Can I have every single one? I actually am dead in to the silver guy. Swoon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...